Sunday, May 06, 2007

quotes..

The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention.

I guess in that way actions are bigger than thoughts/words/ideas/theories that haven't been acted out in reality. Al gave me a free monthly planner today at the pharmacy which I am now using to schedule in my random summer days of work, and on each month there is a random quote included. One reads:

Solutions are not the answer. - Richard Nixon

What do you suppose that means?? Especially coming from Richard Nixon...

Ahh quotes. How I love them; they are so ambiguous sometimes and almost anyone could interpret them differently with a outside-of-the-box analytical approach. It kind of reminds me of one exercise I had at my UH interview, where we were put in a scenario of being in a hot-air balloon crash in the middle of an Egyptian desert and then asked to rank random items (e.g. a plastic box of figs, water purifying tablets, a newspaper, plastic bags, sunblock, a bottle of alcohol) in order of importance.

Of course my think-outside-of-the-box approach kicked into gear and I ranked alcohol pretty high because it has hidden uses such as a first aid antiseptic and also a fire-starter. But of course my group members all thought differently and put alcohol last..

i guess i just try to view things alternatively and on all sides..

No comments: