Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ugh, Never again..

So this weekend has been pretty eventful, but definitely at a cost.

Last week, I knew that I had two tests and a research paper all due on Thursday the 3rd, my last day of undergradate classes ever. So I planned to get a lot of studying done this weekend so I could focus on writing my 10-15 page research paper. But guess what I did instead?!? I partied.

On Friday we surprised Jun for her birthday and then I came home to spend the night with my baby for our 1 year and 8 month. Then on Saturday I skipped out on the weiner dog races in Buda, Tx (DAMNIT!) to sleep, and then went to the mall to spend, spend, spend. I only spent around $200 ish, which is really surprising for me. I thought I would spend more like $500 but I guess I really have become thriftier (is that a word??) over these years.

Then came formal, where I began drinking as soon as I got there. That lasted about 4 hours and it was extremely surreal because it was my last formal ever as an undergraduate. I may attend formals again in the future but I know it definitely will not be the same.. And the senior speeches were sad and I still can't believe how far some of us have come and that we are
parting ways so soon.



Then, already nursing a buzz, I headed down to 4th street with good company and had drinks at Saba, Cuba Libre, and finally Foundation. I really like 4th street a lot better; the people are classier/older because the drinks are more expensive, and the bars are definitely more friendly. For example if you go to the popular bar the Library on 6th, you might wait 15 minutes just to get the bartender's attention, and then he gets your order, and charges you for it. Sounds like a pretty normal transaction, no?

Well at Foundation, Bao and I waited about 10 minutes, and the bartender kept apologizing for "making us wait" and felt so bad that she paid for our round of 3 patron shots and a Malibu pineapple!! (I know that had to be a LOT..) mm I can't wait to go to 4th street more. It is so me..

So after 4th street I got home around 3am, ate some food to soak up the copious amounts of alcohol in my system, and passed out around 4am to wake up for work at 9am. And that I did, but I was still DRUNK!

And then I had the WORST day at work ever. Never again will I go out the night before work. I couldn't calculate numbers or even type in birthdays right at the pharmacy this morning. It was horrible!

Oh well. Cheers to pharmacy school and UT Graduation! :)

UPDATE: check out this awesome $5 dollar picture we took at the foundation! HAHAHA check out everyone's poses, HAHAHA esp JOY!

No comments: