Friday, February 23, 2007

Informative Speech... blah.

I have an 'informative speech' coming up, and I have absolutely no idea what to talk about. The teacher told us to talk about something we're passionate about. So, I started thinking about what I was passionate about.

Everything that amuses me is science based, especially drugs (and by this I mean mechanisms, not how they feel perse!), genetics, evolution, animal behavior, and diseases, etc. Now how could I go about picking a topic in one of these subjects and keeping the interest of a class of 30 NON-SCIENCE majors?

Perhaps I shall talk about color blindness, because a google search has linked me to a site stating that it is an interesting topic. But the more I think about it, the more boring it sounds.

I could talk about Plan B becoming over the counter, but I want to save that for my persuasive speech.

I would love to talk about evolution, but that also is mmore of a persuasive speech topic, and since practically nobody in the class is a science major, they are more than likely religious and would be offended by my arguments.

And so what is left? Drugs and Diseases. I could talk about drugs, but which one? And how to make it 3-5 minutes long? Or there's diseases like the BIRD FLU! I could qualm their fears and tell them what it's really all about.

Yes..maybe I shall do that.

In other news, I sold my sidekick 3 today for $215.00! I know, I know. I was in love with that thing in the summer, but it has betrayed me. It just doesn't float my boat anymore. It's too bulky for what it's worth, and I'm just tired of it. It's features don't impress me any longer. Poo. It's okay, I bought myself a sweet Samsung E900 to fall back on.

No comments: