Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Time to start breathing again; things are going to be okay after all..

Finally. I've sorted out the whole graduate missing history credit deal with my advisor. So it turns out that I alreayd received a writing credit from RHE 309 which I took in the summer last semester, so all I really needed was a damn US History credit, which I could have taken as a lower division-easy-ass-high-school-type-class. But now it's too late to add anything to anywhere, so I have to take it online now through UT Correspondence or ACC.

However, UT doesn't like it when you're enrolled in two universities at once (yes, UT Correspondence is NOT considered UT material), so I had to petition the Dean for concurrent enrollment. This usually takes 10 days for a response.

Luckily however, the woman who is in charge of approving graduation applications and the man (or woman) who approves of concurrent enrollment petition sit literally next to each other in the natural sciences office, so I got approved for concurrent enrollment for UT correspondence within an hour. I guess they looked over at each other for once and said, "Oh, hey. This is the same girl. APPROVE."

So it is solved. Now I get to take a $500 UT Online history course. There goes $500 down the drain - what a waste. This $500 mistake could have been easily avoided if only my advisor told me in time that the class wasn't the right one.

But, who am I kidding. UT Advising is a joke. There are way too many students and way too few advisors. I don't blame them, they have to keep up with, like, 5000+ students every semester. Oh well.

And oh yeah, I got to drop that disgusting HIS350L class. Thank God (Not really God, because in my book, he doesn't exist. But for the sake of cliches..)!

No comments: