Sunday, February 18, 2007

A sigh of relief from a hard, long week.

*Long sigh of (not really) relief.*

This week was very tedious, and tiresome. I had to muster up my communication skills (which I have completely lost through all these lecture type natural sciences class I've taken for the past 4 years), prepare perfect/ideal answers, and ponder my stand on many ethical issues this week.

So, I bet the burning question in your mind is....How did MY interview go????

Well, All I can say is that I had a hard interview. And I'm not sure if it went well or not, because I always think that it didn't go well, but then in reality I'll have done very well and get in. Or I'll think I did really well and then things were actually very bad, and I won't have got in.

So on the UT Pharmacy website, it says that each candidate will be interviewed by a faculty member such as a professor, and a student if possible.

Well, lucky old me got the Assistant Dean AND a current Pharmacist.

Pretty great, huh?

Now this could work both ways for me. It could be super excellent, because if the Assistant Dean really liked me, then he will definitely put me into the school, no questions asked. It could be super horrible, because if the Asst. Dean thought I was a complete dumbass, I could be rejected right away.

Let's just hope that the case in point is the first scenario.

But alas, I still have an interview with UH coming up in March. At that point, if either school lets me in, I'm going to decline my interview with Texas Tech. (Can people do that??) What's the point of going to another interview if one of your top two schools already let you in? Exactly, there is none.

Now school will resume as normal, and I can sigh a breath of relief for awhile.

Except I have another presentation coming up soon. God, I really LOVE having 60 eyes AND a camcorder looking at me with their cold, unwelcoming faces for 10 minutes as I talk about something they don't even care about. I wish I had a knack for public speaking, but I just DON'T.

Oh well, such is life and I really hate to sound like a whiny bitch. And in fact, I don't mean to, because things are actually finally looking up in my life. I've worked for 4 years for pharmacy school and I have real high expectations of getting in. And if I don't, that's fine too. I'll just take a (muchly desired) year off and travel around the world.

No comments: