Saturday, December 30, 2006

Cookie monster me am. COOKIE??!

I love eating cookies of all sorts but lately I've been wanting to bake them from scratch too. Nothing is better than biting into a scrumptious cookie that you made yourself from scratch! It just tastes that much better because you know you made it yourself.

A few days ago I tried baking cookies at Bao's following Alton Brown's damn recipe on food network.com and guess what? They were a disaster!! They were nasty and you could taste the sugar granules when you bit into them! The only part of the recipe I didn't follow was using a stand mixer. I used a hand electric mixer instead. I wonder if that really makes the difference. I wouldn't think so..

Anyway today I feel like baking cookies again. But I'm going to go with a recipe from allrecipes.com for Snickerdoodles (everyone loves those, right??) that actually has user reviews, so I know that I'll have somewhat a higher chance of getting these right.

By the way, for those of you that don't know me well, I suck at cooking. I never cook. I never bake things from scratch. My knowledge of making food is extremely limited because nobody taught me how to cook/bake/make food when I was younger. So this is all new to me. Wish me luck!

No comments: