Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Okay, I lied. I think I'm addicted to posting.

Okay, so I said no more posts until after Las Vegas. I lied.

I think I'm addicted to posting here. It's therapeutic in it's own way -writing for no audience, and just for yourself.

So of course, I couldn't sleep again last night. I think I have a sleeping disorder. You know, the one where you can't sleep the night before you have something important like work at 8am or a career-changing test at 9am or a flight out to las vegas at 9:20 am. Wait, that's not a disorder, it's just anxiety.

Maybe I should go see a doctor for anti-anxiety drugs or something, since it seems to be such a "problem" here in the States only. That and pain. Maybe I should tell him I'm in pain too.

I can't believe the U.S. has so many anxious people that are in pain. And depressed at that too. Where am I getting this information from?? The top 200 most prescribed drugs, of course. Vicodin tops the list, so I guess everyone and their mom is in pain. I believe alprazolam/xanax is up there too.

I think we're a bunch of wussies. Why can't we deal with pain, anxiety, or depression ourselves without hte help of drugs? Ok, pain may be intense in some cases so I'm a little iffy on that drug. Most of the time we can just grit our teeth and deal with it but sometimes those painkillers really help. But anti-anxiety pills? Come on. Shut your mouth and deal with it. Nobody needs alprazolam. Seriously.

And depression? Have you heard the commercials?? There's one that goes 'research has shown that 70% of adults who are currently on depression meds are still depressed." HELLO!! Wake up call! That means that your depression is NOT a chemical imbalance, it's ALL IN YOUR HEAD! Well, in 70% of the people that were tested at least.

All of this and a lot of other diseases people suffer from could be remedied by working out and eating well. Ok, well maybe not remedied perse, but alleviated. Like being overweight, having high blood pressure or cholestrol, being depressed, having late stage diabetes. Get off your bum and go work out!

Okay that's enough ranting. As you can see, I have not had enough sleep. 1 hr of sleep + long day ahead = grumpy vivian. Sigh, it is going to be a looooooooooooong day.

No comments: