Saturday, December 16, 2006

Insomnia strikes, which is unusual..

I can sleep whenever and wherever, usually. In fact, I can take uppers (products with caffeine or .. other.. substances that we shall not discuss today) and go to sleep after taking them while other people stay up for many hours afterwards, unable to sleep. I just lay down in my comfy bed, turn on my right or left side in the fetal position with blanky, and fall right asleep. And that usually happens within 10-15 minutes, if not sooner.

But today I tried to go to sleep around 1:20 AM. At 2:00 AM Tequila comes in trying to hide her bone in my hand, so I get up to go pee. Then, I try to sleep again until 2:40 AM. Still can't sleep. All I get is tossing and turning. So I get up, and here I am, updating my journal. Great.. I have to be up at 8AM for work. *!@&)(#

Oh well. So there's this quote on Jimmy John's wall that goes something like "A person is not truly friendly if they're nice to you. A person's friendliness can only judged by how they treat their waiter." When I read it I didn't think anything of it at first, but now the more I think about it, the quote is sooo right.

The way people treat their waiters shows what kind of person they are. Just because a waiter is supposed to be your 'servant' for the time being at wherever you're eating, doesn't mean you have to treat them like shit. For example, if you treat your waiter rudely, then you are most likely a rude person. If you treat your waiter nicely, then you are most likely a nice, fun to be around type of person.

Anyway, I've come to realize that this quote applies not only to waiters but to your Wal-mart Pharmacy cashiers/technicians. People that treat ME like shit just because I don't wear a white coat (meaning I'm not the pharmacist) ARE shit. Just because I'm the 'cashier/technician' who isn't as high up as the pharmacist doesn't mean you have the right to judge whether or not I'm trying my best or not. People who are really nice and suck up to the pharmacist when they're mean to the cashier/technician are shitty people. They're pathetic and fake and need to just die.

I hate how when I say something and then the pharmacist says the same exact thing, the customer finally decides to take his word for it, when I had been saying the same thing a few times over to them. It's like they need the white coat to actually reinforce something that I already KNOW is right. It annoys me much, and I hate this aspect of retail pharmacy.

*sigh, but it's where the money's at. And money is what I live for, unforunately. My high maintenance ways prohibit me from thinking any other way, and I'm not about to change anytime soon.

No comments: