Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday Break Coming to and End Already..

My holiday break is coming to an end because I count going back to work not part of my holidays. Anything that requires me to put effort into focusing on something like counting pills or studying new material I consider WORK.

But that's okay in a way; I think I've become a workaholic. I definitely used to be more of an alcoholic than a workaholic but now it's completely the opposite. I rarely go out anymore. It's not that I don't want to go out, it's just that I'd prefer not to anymore. Going out is fun and all, but there's so much other stuff I could be doing instead of paying to put EtOH in my body and harming my liver even more.

Just listen to me go. I think I've really settled down this year. I think that's what 2006 was all about. I mean if I had to choose one word to describe 2006, it would be just that: SETTLED DOWN. okok, that's two words, but you know what i mean.

I know that 2007 might be crazy because I have no idea what 2007 holds for me. For example, in 2006 I knew that I was going to stay in Austin for my undergraduate studies and that I'd be living in my apartment, etc. etc. But in 2007, I might be changing cities, choosing a new place to live, and having to start over at a school where I know nobody.

I guess change is good, but it can also be bad. It is just what it is, and we can either make it better or worse. But change should get it's own post because I have a lot to say on it and we'll save it for another day.

Looking back, this holiday wasn't one of the greatest I've had. Las Vegas wasn't as fun as it should have been, Christmas wasn't as cold as it should have been, and it just didn't feel like the holidays. Oh well..I guess even yeared holidays seasons are bad for me (remembering: Holiday Season '02..what a nightmare).

3 more days until 2007. Goodbye 2006, you have been .....settling for me.

No comments: