Friday, January 12, 2007

The eyes worsen..

I finally got my eyes checked after over a year and yes, they got worse. My eyes were -2.75 (-12.00 is completely blind and -6.00 is legally blind) over a year ago and today they are at -3.25. AHH! They're over halfway to legally blind! Isn't that a scary thought? I guess my eyes worsened over the year but not a lot, comparatively. They could be at -6.00 so I consider myself lucky. As my eyes venture toward -4.0 and beyond, I guess I'll have to consider the option of lasik, because I don't ever want to reach -6.00. I can't imagine watching a laser shave off part of my eye though - I can barely stand the part of the eye exam where they puff some air into your eye.

We drove back to Austin today. I really don't like driving between Houston and Austin at night anymore because of the deer. I saw deer along the side of highway 71 the other day, and they could jump out at any time towards our car and we'd be GONE. Maybe not gone perse but things could be really bad. For example, my car could be damaged, a deer could bust through the windshield upon impact, and we could be severely injured. No more driving from Austin to Houston or vice versa at night if I can help it!

Mmm, Bao's mom was nice enough to cook food for us to bring back to Austin before we left. There's nothing like good ol' comfort, home-cooked food. I wish my mom cooked.. She hasn't cooked since I was like 8 or something. Kinda surprising, eh? I guess that's what happens when your brothers leave the house for college and cooking just for one person isn't worth it anymore. Also things got really busy for my parents when their business took off so she just didn't have time anymore. That explains why I can't cook worth a shit - because I was never taught how.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I hate the deer too! When Mike and I drove from Cali, we saw soooo many on the road, and we had to drive like, 30 mph so we wouldn't hit them.

-aholic said...

Yes, it could be worse. It could be -8.00 worse. Wanna trade eyeballs?