Saturday, January 06, 2007

Introducing..the newest BRATT of ASPCA!.....and some other things.

I really wanted to make Kevin's dinner party at Iron Cactus last night, which he pushed back from 6pm to 8pm just for me but I had work from 2-9pm. When I got off at 9pm I rushed home, changed, scooped Bao and was ready to leave the apartment around 9:30 and I called Kevin but he said they were about to leave. :( So me and Bao just went to eat at Bennigan's and I drank a lovely peach bellini there and he had 2 margaritas. The bellini hit me kind of strong while the 2 margarita's didn't hit Bao until later. After dinner we hit up wal-mart for some last minute cookie ingredients that I had left in Houston. Then we came home and...

I baked the best Snickerdoodles ever! Yes, they are even better than my past attempt at making them. Mmm, they were a lot fluffier and a lot less dough-ier if that makes sense. I wonder what I did differently? Maybe sifting the dry ingredients all the way through really DOES make a difference. Anyway this time I yielded a lot more because I knew how to manage/bake them better and I gave some to the guys at the pharmacy and am going to give some to birthday boy Kevin. Mm there's even soem left over for me and Bao to get even fatter on.

My snickerdoodles are getting popular. I already have a request for them from STEPHANIE! yay, that makes me feel baker -competent! Yes I will bake some for you Steph, whenever I have time to venture up to Dallas. Maybe I should ship some to you :)

Today I finally had my SPCA orientation and it was great! I really didn't want to go at first because it was at 9 in the morning, meaning I'd have to wake up at 8am just to get ready. But I dragged myself out of bed to shower and walked Tequila in the cold and now I am glad that I am. The 4 hour orientation passed by fast - it didn't even seem like 4 hours. The volunteer coordinators gave us a tour, lots of information, and a little hands-on training with 2 dogs. The only bad thing is that we can't play/walk the dogs as volunteers until we have our one-on-one, and the sheet came to me and Bao last so all the good spots were taken. We have to wait until Monday for an available spot..but I can't wait until I finish my one-on-one on Monday so I can finally REALLY volunteer. The dogs are so sweet and cute and just want to socialize there. I hope this volunteering won't make me adopt five new dogs, because Tequila would hate that.

No comments: