Wednesday, January 31, 2007

wow, i'm officially a dumbass.

So a few weeks ago I decided to run a degree audit for no reason, just to make sure I was on the right pathway to graduation this May.

Then I forgot I had run the degree audit, classes began, and I started focusing on class work and etc. Then, today, I suddenly remember to check my degree audit just to make sure I'm a-okay.

Everything looks great. Every "MET REQUIREMENT?" has a big fat "YES" next it, except for one, that stands out in a big fat bold "NO". And that requirement has to do with my history credit. Last summer, I took US History 2, US Government, and Tx/Local Government at ACC. I was going to take the other US History but I decided to drop it and just party it down. And I'm glad I did, because I had a blast that summer. I figured I could just take it later at UT or the next summer.

Then I went to see my advisor before registration for senior year. She told me I didn't have to take actual US history but I could take some other upper division history class that could count. So I scoped out my options and decided to take HIS 350L: history of human nature and biology since Darwin.

And lo and behold, today I find out that it doesn't count as a US history credit.

double triple 10 10 10 10 crap.

This means that, if my advisor's don't hook me up and consider me a rare and extenuating circumstance, I will have to stay for 1 stupid class in the summer just to graduate. And I won't graduate in May.

How shitty is that?

Now let's just cross our fingers and beg to Darwin that someone out there (my advisor) will pity my dumbass-ness and add a damn US history class credit that I need.

I'm kind of excited inside though that I don't have to take that dreadful class anymore. I had it today, and when you don't talk, guess what? The teacher CALLS on you to answer even harder questions, and then when you're trying to answer, she interrupts you with other mini-questions that you have no idea the answer to, therefore losing the entire train of thought and sounding like an idiot in front of the whole class.

So..I am kind of happy that I will not have to deal with that anymore.




Please oh please help me out advisors!

No comments: