Monday, January 08, 2007

Hands on with cute sweet dogs, awesome.

Had my one-on-one at the SPCA today. The dogs are sooo sweet and cute!! I can't wait to go back again, but Bao keeps getting allergy attacks so it prevents us from staying a long time. Poor Bao. I can just imagine how much allergies must suck - it's almost as bad as an autoimmune disease. And there's no way to really combat allergies; it is just your immune system overreacting to normal things, so the ultimate cure would just be to knock out your immune system to prevent these overreactions, but then you would have no defense against deleterious pathogens. You would have to live in a bubble or something or face the other consequence: death. So basically, that isn't even an option even though it would indefinitely stop you from having allergic reactions.

Good thing there's like 4 different types of antihistamines out on the market that Bao can try. Let's see there's allegra (fexofenadine), zyrtec, clarinex, claritin (loratidine) and I am pretty sure there are more that I just can't think of off the top of my head. One day we'll find the right one for him.

Anyway back to the dogs. It's awesome there just like I had imagined. The other volunteers are nice, some dogs cuddle with you and you leave feeling a better person.

Since we were around the area I got to try Arby's for the FIRST time. It was pretty good! I can see why the Girls Next Door (that E! show where they film the girlfriends of Hugh Hefner) like Arby's. MmmMm... I tried the market fresh sandwich and it was way better than a lot of other sandwich places out there, which is kind of sad because Arby's is a fast food joint, not a sandwich place. Oh well, good for them.

Tomorrow we're going back to Houston for 2 days to get our eyes checked, new contacts, and new glasses because I just ran out of my last contact and Bao has a tear in one of his contacts and it is driving him crazy. And by crazy I mean cranky (he even said so!). Other things I need to do while I'm in Houston are..

-finish my applications by the end of this week
-buy some sunglasses (DIOR?? :] Am I willing to throw $300 down for a pair??)
-eat some damn dimsum (We never woke up in time to eat dimsum over winter break! How sad is that?!?!)
-watch Pursuit of Happyness (Yes I STILL haven't seen it since I last listed it as a to-do item.)

But before all this I am going to go cuddle with the sweetest and most loving dog ever: Tequila.

No comments: