Thursday, January 11, 2007

Two essays down, one last one to go!

Woo HOO! I've finished 2 of 3 essays so I am almost done with my applications (FINALLY). Man, I started these things way back in November, maybe even October and I just kept wasting time and kept telling myself, don't worry I'll do 'em later. Man I am such a procrastinator.

I wrote a really good Texas Tech essay but I'm not feeling my UT essay at ALL. I think I might actually go back and just rewrite the damn UT essay because I wrote it in a personal tone, and I think I'm supposed to be more professional or whatever. But the prompt was to write about a personal past experience so maybe not. Whatever the case, I need to restructure my sentences becaue Word is saying that I wrote at a 10th grade level on my UT essay. WTF! That's really low, hah. My Texas Tech one was a 12 (that's the maximum) though so I'm leaving that how it is.

Anyway before I started working on the essays me and Bao had dimsum at Ocean Palace today. Finally: I can scratch that to-do off my list. We have been trying to wake up to catch dimsum since winter break started and couldn't do it. Isn't that sad? Dimsum is served until 3pm daily and we couldn't make it ONCE! We are such slobs, heh.

After that I got my car inspected and it passed. I'm surprised (but happy nonetheless) that I lasted 5 months of expired inspection without getting a ticket. The guys at the inspection place were too. I was kind of apprehensive because my check engine light has been on for the past few months, but today it suddenly turned off so I took the opportunity to get it inspected. I heard if your engine light is on, it's an automatic FAIL. Phew, good Lola.

Then we came home and later Tequila broke her dew claw nail real bad. It was a very nasty tear with blood everywhere. She kept licking it and had her tail tucked in between her legs so we called the emergency vet. We journeyed to hick town and beyond for the emergency vet where we spent about 1.5 hours and $100 to have them cut off her bloody torn dew claw nail and put some powder on it to stop the bleeding. Poor girl, she HATED the vet. She tried to jump off the table and succeeding in doing so. She also kept hiding between me and Bao's legs whenever a nurse or doctor came in! Poor girl. It's okay though becanse now she's all good and happy.

And now, to reward myself I shall play countless hours of WOW before I have to write my next essay, which will probably be tomorrow.

Yay for tomorrow though, when I shall enjoy ample amounts of delectable sushi in good company, and when I shall finally get a pair of glasses that I have been secretly coveting for the longest time now.

Maybe I should also journey to the Galleria and buy that pair of Dior sunglasses that I want soooooo bad with the money I'm saving going to this cheap ass Asian optometrist.

No comments: