Wednesday, January 10, 2007

OMG, apple introduces the iPHONE!!

DUDE!! APPLE just came out with a new phone called the iPHONE [click on the link to get to the site externally]! I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!! too bad it's like $600 WITH a 2 year contract from cingular. that's a big ouch on my finances! If its $600 WITH a contract I wonder how much it will go for without a contract?

Anyway the new phone has got all these cool revolutionary specs. It's like an ipod AND a cell phone put together, with some other nifty stuff. First of all it's touchscreen and becomes full screen too when you want to watch something. Remember those rumors about a touchscreen next generation iPOD? Well I think they were confused and looking at early maps of the iPHONE or something! Also if you turn it horizontally it has sensors and will automatically fix the screen to landscape and if you turn it back vertically it will switch back to portrait! It has all these other COOL things that I haven't really discovered just yet but man it looks so clean and sweet. *sigh.

Too bad I JUST renewed my contract with Tmo for my sk3. I'm happy with my sk3 and all but it sucks as a phone. It's like the folks at danger forgot the primary purpose of the sidekick: To be a CELL phone. For example, when someone calls me it's sometimes hard to make out what they're saying. It's not a volume issue but more of a clarity issue. I can hear you just find but you're blurry. Second, the person on the other end sometimes reports a really bad echo and I know it's a sidekick thing because none of my other previous phones (samsung, motorola) have had that issue. Third, it drops calls without warning. Fourth, it's hard to reach me sometimes. Bao will finally get through to me after 10 times of trying and he'll say 'what the hell I just called you 10 times why didn't you pick up?' -and I won't have a history of any calls from him. These issues are all very basic and annoy the shit out of me because well...a cell phone is cool if it has extra features but I really bought this thing for it's primary use: to be a cell phone. Don't get me wrong, I love how the sidekick has internet, good aim features, allt his other shit but man it sucks as a PHONE!!

I want to buy a phone that is good at being a phone first, and then all the extras come second because well, I can buy a laptop that does all the extras 10x better you know?

No comments: